A Walk on the Beach

Driving to the coast for a few days gives us a nice reprieve from the heat. We are fortunate that it only takes us a little over two hours so we can do it often!

On one day it was sunny and on the next it was very overcast. You will be able to tell... Join me on the walk.


The sand dune peaks over the shrubs.

You can see the fog sitting in the distance off the coast. Some lavender blooms in the foreground.


Part of the area is blocked off to enable the plants to restore themselves and to protect the plover that nests in the area.

I love the egrets that frequent the area.


I had never seen the egrets feeding along the shoreline before. On this day, they were really busy.





Aren't they beautiful?

I am participating in Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. If you have a chance to visit her you can see all of the great summer outdoor adventures being shared!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing you are so lucky you only live two hours away. I enjoyed the walk the pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I love watching shore birds. We see lots of egrets and herons on the shore here. They tend to follow the fishermen, waiting for that possible snack.
    Thanks for sharing...
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have told you..but wow I find your shots are just getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have ever seen egrets along the shoreline. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could tip toe on that sand. Egrets along the ocean shoreline is a rare sight indeed.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! 2 hours to the ocean? I couldn't take that! 5 min for us, it is in my blood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful way to spend the day. Beautiful.

    velva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos, Kate. Thanks for sharing them. I love the beach and don't get there often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Egrets. I wonder if you wouldn't mind that I paint these?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts