Salmon and Tomatoes en Papillote


If you are looking for an easy summer-time meal that will bring in rave reviews, this is it!  I mentioned earlier that I had been a bit lax in my participation in French Fridays with Dorie.  This is one of the recipes listed last month that participants were to prepare.  I was in the market for something different for dinner and this appealed to me.  I had tons of basil, grape tomatoes, lemons and thyme so I just needed a trip to the market for the salmon.

What an easy preparation this was!  I layered everything on heavy duty foil and folded up the sides to make little packages and then placed them on a baking sheet.  Since it has been very hot here and the salmon is cooked at a high temperature, 475° F., I knew that heating the oven would make the house as hot as the outside!  The Kitchen Gnome took the baking sheet to the BBQ and we baked the salmon outside.  It turned out perfectly.


Goodness was this delicious!

The recipe is in Around My French Table, by Dorie Greenspan.  Or, you can find it here.  Dorie has graciously posted it on her webpage.


This is the perfect recipe if you are in a hurry and want a good meal and don't have tons of time to prepare it!  Did I say this was delicious?  Everyone around the table loved it!

Comments

  1. Yummy, Kate. This is my favorite way to prepare salmon and the next time I serve it I will add the basil and cherry tomatoes. Using the BBQ instead of the oven is the way to do it on these warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why this was so delicious. A very healthy way to enjoy a meal in the summer months. Very nice.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never met a salmon dish I didn't like and I'm sure I'd love this one - it looks soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, delicious and healthy - a beautiful dish. I just made an easy salmon last night - just not as pretty as yours!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound amazing!Time to break out the BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very excited to make this recipe! I've already got Dorie's page bookmarked. Easy, healthy and delicious - thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm making salmon for diner tonight and I was looking for a new recipe....YAY I found it. This looks delicious and so easy. I also have beautiful heirloom cherry tomatoes that I can use. Thank you for posting it.

    Ellen

    http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have salmon ready to bake tonight and this looks just perfect. Thanks! A timely post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to cook the salmon en papillote. Your presentation is gorgeous Kate.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and delicious sounding. I'm on the Oregon Coast right now, where we can get primo salmon. Thanks, Kate! ~xoA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab dish, it's on my shortlist for a feature. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts