Limoncello and Lemon Cream Fruit Tart

Today is the Celebrity Cook-Along and Rachel Ray is this month's celebrity.  I watched the month start to slip away and I had a dish to prepare.  I must admit that I do not own a Rachel Ray cookbook.  What to do?  What to do?  I turned to the Food Network where Rachel has graciously allowed some of her recipes to be shared.

This recipe is one from 30 Minute Meals.  It is simple.  It doesn't require cooking just a little combining.  It is so simple that I actually thought I was cooking with Sandra Lee!


Limoncello and Lemon Cream Fruit Tart

1 package store-bought sponge cake tart shells - 6 shells (The kind commonly used with strawberry shortcake.)
2 ounces chilled limoncello liqueur (I used 2 Tbsp.)
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup mascarpone cheese
1/3 cup lemon curd
1/2 pint raspberries
1/2 pint blackberries (I omitted the blackberries.)
2 tsp lemon zest (I accidentally forgot to sprinkle the zest on top)
2 Tbsp very thinly sliced mint leaves (I forgot the mint leaves too....what can I say, I was in a hurry!)

Remove the tart shells from the package and place them on a plate.  Sprinkle the limoncello liqueur over the cakes.  In a bowl beat the cream, mascarpone cheese and lemon curd to combine.  Refrigerate for at least an hour so that it firms up just a bit.

Fill the tart shells with the cheese mixture and top with berries.  Sprinkle with lemon zest and mint slivers.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


I enjoy making individual desserts and these were very nice.  The cheese mixture is not sweet so if you want sweet, a little powdered sugar might be a good thing to add.

I shared with the neighbors and they game it two thumbs up!



The Celebrity Cook-Along is hosted by Lynn at Happier Than A Pig In Mud.

If you enjoy Rachel Ray recipes, stop by Lynn's blog and take a look at the variety of dishes being prepared!

I am also sharing at Make a Foodie Friend Monday hosted at The Saturday Evening Pot and Recipe Sharing Monday at Jam Hands.

Comments

  1. This sounds delicious! I like anything lemon!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Limoncello is one I love using in desserts; so this sounds very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tart Kate. Prettier than Rachael's I would bet. Love the platter too. I am really fond of Limoncello and it's wonderful just sprinkled over fresh fruit.

    I don't own any of her cookbooks either, but she has certainly encouraged people who don't know how to cook to get in the kitchen.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice quick dessert! I could also see the lemon curd going onto the cake as a layer then being topped with the cream/cheese-yum! Thanks so much for joining the Cook-Along Kate:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a bottle of limoncello in the freezer that has this recipes name all over it. Yummy! This is a must make recipe. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these little sponge cakes!...and you have sure kicked it up!
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to use these little cakes. I never buy them. I will be more open minded now. Yes, I agree. It is like a Sandra Lee recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooo. Lemon and raspberries. Great combination and one that I love.
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty recipe. Looks like it comes together quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never cooked with any kind of liqueur before, but this sure makes me want to try. It looks easy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dessert looks absolutely too good to eat, but also impossible to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is beyond yummy and looks great and certainly perfect for a tea party! I had to check this out from Jam Hands...feel free to link it up at Tea Party Tuesday! http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-party-tuesday-miracle-makeover-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lemon curd and a bite that's not too sweet! I have everything on hand but the tart shells~ I'll have to remedy that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummo! That Rachael Ray is a cutiepatootie!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing this at Recipe Sharing Monday. The new party is now up and I'd love for you to link up again :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts