Pancetta Green Beans


We had some wonderful green beans with dinner last week.  The recipe was from Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan.  The addition of the pancetta was a treat!  They were to be finished with a drizzle of Walnut Oil.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find Walnut Oil in any of the stores...I know there must be a store in town that carries it, but I gave up.  

I decided that I would use one of the olive oils that my sister-in-law brought me when she returned from Italy.  I love them and ration them!!  I used a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Truffle.  The beans were delicious and very simple. They will appear on my table again!


The beans were the perfect accompaniment to the Short Ribs in Red Wine and Port!  Yum!  


I know it is not Friday and it is not February but I am bringing up the rear on the February posts for French Fridays with Dorie.  

Comments

  1. Sometimes the simplest things are the best. These really do look flavourful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to look that up in Dorie's book....love pancetta on anything! Such a bright fresh vegetable dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! it will make the beans very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious Kate. My mom nearly always cooked her beans with bacon - of course they were cooked all day and weren't nearly as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts