Mint Chocolate Pixies - A Popular Blog Post!



Sometimes there are recipes that seem to float from blog to blog and Chocolate Pixies just happens to be one of them.  I first saw the recipe on Pam's blog, For the Love of Cooking, and when I glanced at the recipe my eyes stopped...chocolate and peppermint!  What could be better, I ask?  Break out the mixer!  I just happened to have everything on hand!

Pam's recipe is a variation of another Chocolate Pixie recipe that can be found at My Tasty Treasures and Kitchens Are Monkey Business.  The recipe sounds equally as delicious but the original does not include peppermint but includes nuts.  For me, I am stickin' with the peppermint sans the nuts!

I think the cookies vaporized coming out of the oven!  They disappeared so fast...they had a bit of a crunch on the outside and were soft on the inside. They were perfect!  I couldn't stop eating them....


Mint Chocolate Pixies


4 1 oz squares of UNSWEETENED chocolate

1/4 cup of unsalted butter

4 large eggs

2 cups of white sugar

2 tsp of vanilla extract

2 tsp of peppermint extract

2 cups of flour

2 tsp of baking powder

1/2 tsp of salt

1/4 cup of powdered sugar

Melt the butter and chocolate in a large glass bowl in the microwave.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating at medium speed. Gradually add the sugar, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl - mix thoroughly. Slowly add the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture beating at low speed until well blended. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Shape the dough into small balls then roll in powdered sugar. Place the balls on a silpat covered baking sheet.
Bake for 16-18 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. 

PRINTABLE RECIPE

Did you know that it is possible to get a tummy ache from eating too many at once?  
It didn't hold me back...


Comments

  1. We loved these cookies - yours look great! Thanks for the shout out and link back to my site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine how insanely good these would be! I think I'd easily eat a handful. I'm nothing the recipe now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound divine. Thanks, Kathy. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to try these, Kate. A couple years back I made some chocolate wafer-like cookies with peppermint extract for a Christmas dessert...they were frosted, and I swear, I ate half of them before I frosted them! Love the chocolate/peppermint combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a recipe like this..They look so good!Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great blog! I`m so happy I found it! Here is so many inspirations and I love it! <3

    Have a nice time,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look delicious! I would love to link to your blog on my favorites page. Do you have a button?
    http://hisperfectpromises.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These do indeeed look very tempting! Why did I give up sweets for Lent?

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are a classic! I love your idea to add peppermint to the dough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even the name makes you want to fly right into the kitchen and work some magic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great, Kate! Love the tray too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mint and chocolate is the perfect combo - these are irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coffee and peppermint is a lovely pairing. These are beautiful! Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the combo mint/chocolate. I wonder how delicious they would be. I`m so happy I found your blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. As we know that if we talk about the chocolate we know that children love it and this is a best recipes for children ..I know they love it..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mint compliments the sweetness of the chocolate. I love minty sweet treats.It balances everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are really delicious
    the combination of mint and chocolate is perfect
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Chocolate Pixies looks mouth watering. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I would definitely ask my wife to make this for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts