Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The First Wildflower!

I took the dog for a walk in the fields near our home and found the first wildflowers of the season!

Hurray for the Lupine!

Hurray for Outdoor Wednesday!
Thank you Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for hosting!

Thank you Mr. Groundhog!


  1. I loooove lupines. How wonderful to find it in the wild. My favorite memory of lupines is walking through a field on Mt. Cook in New Zealand and there were lupines everywhere. They were about 3 feet tall and every shade of pinks, yellows, and blues. It was just beautiful! So everytime I see a lupine I remember that trip.

  2. Hurray for SPRING! Woo-hoo!

  3. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and follow me if you want too.

    God bless you :-)


  4. I have pink ones in my garden that I planted. What a treat to have them growing wild. And such a pretty color.

    Thanks for the taste of spring!

  5. Just beautiful! I love the lupine!
    I'm your new follower!

  6. Lupines are just beautiful and in the wild setting how nice to see!
    great photo!

  7. I hadn't known what that was called but now I know it's a Lupine. Thanks.

  8. How lucky your are being able to see flowers like these so soon. Everything here is dry and no rain. Nothing can survive like that. I pray we get rain soon.

  9. Hi Kate-

    I found your blog this evening through the same party-
    I linked to Outdoor Wednesdays too.

    I have never seen lupines.
    They almost look like Texas bluebonnets!

    White Spray Paint

    I am a new follower-

  10. Beautiful! I had never seen lupines in real life only pictures, until a couple of years ago when I visited Maine. They are so pretty!

  11. Oh Kate, it is so lovely to see this wild flower blooming already. What a blessing!
    Joyce M

  12. Thanks for visiting me today and introducing yourself....love reading your blog. Flowers and food what an awsome combo, you know how to live!

  13. The first photo is outstanding:) I love it.

  14. How lovely! New follower from Outdoor Wednesday. Thanks for sharing! :o)

  15. The Lupines are beautiful!!!! I don't think we have those in East Texas.
    I am a new follower....love your blog!

    Have a great day!!

  16. Hi Kate, this is beautiful. We too have begun to see wild flowers and forsythia, a beautiful yellow flowering bush and sometimes as big as a tree. Come on Spring.
    Hugs, Jeanne

  17. Thanks for sharing the touch of Spring. The sun is actually shining today, so may take the camera out for a walk.

  18. Your lupine is so pretty. We don't have lupines in Alabama. I love all flowers but especially blue ones.

    Your food posts are beautiful. You are very good photographing your delicious food. Very inspiring.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.