Easy Peasy Roasted Smashed Potatoes

I got the cutest little potatoes in the veggie box last week.  I love getting the little guys.  They are so buttery and creamy.  I decided that a quick high-roast would be the way to go.  It is so simple and I am never disappointed.


Easy Peasy Roasted Smashed Potatoes

Baby potatoes
Olive Oil
1-2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped
Sea Salt (Garlic salt or Kosher salt works just as well.)

Preheat oven to 425°F.

Place the potatoes on a baking sheet.  Bake about 15 minutes until soft and golden.
Remove from the oven and smash the potatoes just until they crack.  (You can see I was too forceful at first!)  I placed a one cup measuring cup on the potato and applied pressure until it cracked open.

Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes, sprinkle with chopped rosemary.  Place the tray back in the oven.  Bake another 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with Sea Salt.

Serve.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


I am sending this over to Miz Helen's Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday, Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday and Mangoes and Chutney for Fat Camp Friday.

Comments

  1. They look very good! I have rosemary growing in my garden.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been cooking potatoes lately, so this recipe is perfect. Thanks for adding your recipe to Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really like these..All the different herbs you can use.. different butters..Thanks for the reminder..it's been a while~

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look absolutely delicious. I'll make these as soon as the temps are below 90. I think I need a summer kitchen away from the house. :)
    Thanks,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, I LOVE those little potatoes. I buy them quite often. I've seen potatoes cooked this way before but have yet to try it, but I want to soon. They sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's everybody else eating? This is my kind of portion. They look golden and crusty. I'm such a spud lover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the smashed potatoes! Thanks for the idea...for tonight's menu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Smashed Potatoes look so good. I just love getting fresh rosemary from my herb garden and making a wonderful dish like this. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got everything on hand for this yummy potato side dish! Making them tonight! I'm now following you and I hope that you'll stop by, follow back, and I would really, really love it if you could share this recipe on my foodie blog hop, Fresh Food Friday / Seasonal Saturday going on right now. Thanks and also thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These little babies look awesome as does the pizza below.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts