Libby's Great Pumpkin Cookies


A friend at work raved about the pumpkin cookies she has made over the years. She was willing to share the recipe and I was willing to make them! She said they were delicious and had nuts, chocolate, raisins, oatmeal and pumpkin. A combination like that couldn't go wrong....could it?

She gave me a copy of the recipe which seemed easy and was. I ended up making an adjustment or two...I didn't have any chocolate morsels left so I had to omit them. I did have raisins and Cranraisins so those were in the mix. Nuts? I should have and didn't...

As I attempted to put stems on a very soft cookie dough I appealed to my friend through Facebook...asking for the trick. I didn't get a response right away and since she gets FB on her telephone I knew she just wasn't available.

So I fiddled around and did the best that I could. Did I say this dough was soft? Goodness...it was soft.

The cookies taste delicious. They didn't look like pumpkins...they spread into very large, flat pumpkins with a bump for a stem!

This morning I got the secret....put everything in the dough, the morsels, the nuts, the raisins. The more goodies the easier to work with. Okay, I am game. They taste great. I will try this again!

I went on-line in search of the Libby's recipe she had shared and guess what? I found the Libby's recipe and it has all of the stuff (morsels, nuts, raisins, etc.) listed as ingredients as well as decorations! In the Libby's cookbook these ingredients are listed as decorations!

Because the cookies are deemed more successful with everything mixed into the dough, I am posting the on-line recipe from Nestle's Very Best Baking.

Libby's Great Pumpkin Cookies

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Libby's Solid Pack Pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup raisins
Decorating icings, NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, candies, raisins and/or nuts (optional)

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.

COMBINE flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract; mix well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins. Drop ¼ cup dough onto prepared baking sheet; spread into 3-inch circle or oval. Repeat with remaining dough.

BAKE for 14 to 16 minutes or until cookies are firm and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate with icings, morsels, candies, raisins and/or nuts.


PRINTABLE RECIPE

The cookies are very soft and flavorful. Worth a try.

Comments

  1. These sound scrumptious and they look great too! If you hadn't written about the booboo, I would have never known. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really sound delicious and they are easy to do. My kind of cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are like pumpkin pie cookies, soft and delicious! Thanks for reminding me to make these..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate - Love all the flavors and textures in these cookies and your frosting faces. Don't you just love this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are packed full of yummy goodies aren't they! I love my cookies this way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...you and I both are into Libby's today....I posted a wonderful coffee cake from their pumpkin label. These ook good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts