Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Sage Butter with Green Beans

I must admit that I am in love with the new cookbook.   Simple Weeknight Favorites by America's Test Kitchen is just that, filled with new favorites!  I have flagged so many to try that it is a certainty that we will be eating some very flavorful and simple dinners.  Not only is the cookbook
"hot", my sage is going "gang-busters" this year!  So, it only seemed logical that I search for a recipe using sage.


I found one:  Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Sage Butter!  I love herb butters and don't know why I didn't think of making some until this recipe caught my eye.  Mr. T. absolutely loved it as well as the leftovers!  What made this recipe really different were the olives that were chopped and mixed in with the butter.  We were sold!


Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Sage Butter with Green Beans
adapted from Simple Weeknight Favorites by America's Test Kitchen

4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup pitted mixed olives, chipped fine
2 Tbsp minced fresh sage
4 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, salt and pepper (I used two.)
8 thin slices prosciutto (I used 6 as the slices weren't all long enough to wrap around the chicken.)
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
1 pound green beans, trimmed (I used 1/2 pound.)
1/4 cup water


Preheat oven to 400° F.  Combine butter, olives and sage in small bowl and stir with fork until combined.

Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper (go easy on the salt...olives are salty!!) Spread mixture on top of each chicken breast.  (I had some butter left over as I only used two chicken breasts.)  Working with one breast at a time, lay two slices of prosciutto on your work surface, slightly overlapped.  Lay chicken, buttered side down, in center of slices, fold prosciutto up and around the chicken, then press ends of prosciutto together gently to adhere.  Repeat with remaining prosciutto and chicken.

Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.  Add chicken, seam side down, and cook until well browned, about 2 minutes per side.  Transfer chicken to baking sheet and bake until chicken registers 160°, about 8 minutes.  Transfer to platter and tent loosely with aluminum foil.

Reduce heat to medium.  Add garlic to skillet and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.  Add green beans and toss to combine.  Add water and cook, covered, until bean are bright green and tender,  8 to 10 minutes.  Uncover and cook until water has evaporated, about 1 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with chicken.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


What I have learned is that one can never rely on the suggested amount of heat and the cooking times.  Each of us knows our own cook top it is better to judge the progress of the meat by observation and from experience!

I am participating in Full Plate Thursday hosted by Mz Helen's Country Cottage and Foodie Friday hosted by Michael at Rattlebridge Farm.




Comments

  1. Oh yes...I need this cookbook....The chicken looks mouthwatering, but so do those potatoes and green beans.

    shug

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah, that looks like such a scrumptious dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely no doubt that I would love this whole meal! I have sage in the garden this year too, it's very happy right now:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see how moist it is..and we love sage..prosciutto and chicken.. green beans..What's not to love?

    Thanks you..and thoes "grelots" as we say here are some of our favorite potatoes:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops..those.I type faster than I think:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this chicken dish and the whole meal looks delicious. I don't even try to cook meat anymore without my Thermopen and even use it on burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate,
    What an awesome plate of food, it all looks fabulous, its for me right? Hope you are enjoying your holiday week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts