Grilled Rib-Eye Steak with Chipotle Honey Glaze and Roasted Pepper Relish

I had hoped to post this along with the wonderful mojito that I posted last week but was delayed.  So here, as promised it Bobby's wonderful steak and glaze.  The glaze that is used on this steak is a great combination of sweet and smokey with just a bit of heat.  The Kitchen Gnome raved about it.  In fact, he talked about it for three days.  He used the remaining glaze over the weekend...that recipe is for another time.


GRILLED RIB EYE STEAK 
WITH CHIPOTLE HONEY GLAZE AND ROASTED PEPPER RELISH
Original recipe by Bobby Flay

Serves: 2


Roasted Pepper Relish
2 roasted red peppers, drained and cut into thin strips (I used roasted whole sweet peppers.)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and freshly ground black pepper


Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.


Chipotle Honey Glaze
½ cup honey
1 tablespoon chipotle puree
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt


Whisk together the honey, chipotle puree, Dijon, oil and salt in a small bowl until combined.  The glaze is much better if you let it sit for at least thirty minutes before using. 


Rib-eye
Two 16-ounce rib-eye steaks
Canola oil
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Cilantro sprigs


1. Heat your grill to high or preheat your broiler. Brush the steaks with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.  

If using the grill: Brush the steaks with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the steaks on the grill and grill until golden brown and slightly charred, 4-5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue grilling for 5-6 minutes longer for medium-rare doneness. During the last minute of cooking, liberally brush the top of the steaks with some of the chipotle-honey glaze. Remove from the grill and brush with more of the glaze. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.


2. Top each steak with a large dollop of the roasted pepper relish. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.


This is totally a recipe I would repeat.  I am not the biggest fan of rib-eye so I would select a different cut of meat.  I was partial to the roasted pepper relish.  It was absolutely delicious!!

PRINTABLE RECIPE

Comments

  1. How fun that you tried it Kate! I agree the Chipotle Honey Glaze is amazing:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of sweet and smoky. Bobby Flay is my man, when it comes to grillin'. Bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully garnished steak Kate. I bet the chipotle gives it a nice bit of heat. If the Kitchen Gnome raved about it for three days, that's good enough for me.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like summer! I love roasted red peeps:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be trying this glaze -- all my faves. Love the combination of smoky, spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe is definitely a keeper Kate. This summer I am realizing it is all about the condiments and glazes. They turn ordinary food into extraordinary eats. I will be making this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks super, you have my husband drooling over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After a recent meal using a sweet glaze, I'd be hesitant about the glaze but the relish sounds outstanding and the steak looks perfectly cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really stunning post - my mouth is watering. I LOVE the glaze and relish!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really don't cook my man enough steaks. I don't like them so if he wants steak, he usually has to cook them while I make myself something he doesn't like. But I totally HAVE to make this for him b/c it sounds so delish, I want to try it myself. He will be in heaven. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that glaze! And your rib-eye is perfectly cooked. Super post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kate that looks mouth watering good! I love that glaze, I think I'll try it on my porkchops tomarrow, although I'd love your ribeye too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That glaze looks out of this world. I bet it would be delicious on roasted ears of corn as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous meal. We love anything with chipotle in our house and my husband is crazy about steak, so I know it would be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pepper relish looks amazing.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. I haven't used a glaze when grilling steaks but will definitely give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts