Butterfinger Pie the Easy Way!

Are you noticing a number of pie posts today?  Isn't social networking amazing?  I noticed an invitation to participate in a Pie Party across the internet and responded with a thumbs up.  It seems that a number of folks were discussing pies, how much they enjoy eating pie and making them and the fact that many of us are intimidated by making a pie crust.  It was suggested that July 5th be Pie Day and that pie photos be posted on Facebook and on blogs....so, why not.  I always enjoy a slice of pie!

My grandmother made the absolute best rhubarb pie.  My fondest memories of my grandma's center around the numerous pies that she made and cooled on the porch railing!  My mom also makes wonderful pies.  She has the absolute best crust.  Her cherry pie is at the top of our family list.

As I thought about making a pie for today and turning on the oven, I also thought about it being 104° outside...and how hot the house was going to become so, my mind turned to an ice cream pie!  What could be better than a Butterfinger Pie!  It has myy favorite candy bar, vanilla ice cream and a graham cracker crust (make it or purchase it)....with just a touch of chocolate sauce!


This pie is really embarrassingly easy.  But on a hot day, it is just right!

Butterfinger Pie

1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
1 quart vanilla ice cream
3 (2.1 oz) Butterfinger candy bars, coarsely crushed
chocolate sauce

Soften ice cream and evenly mix in crushed candy.  Place in graham cracker crust and freeze.  To serve top with a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of crushed Butterfinger.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


I don't usually measure on the candy bars....I crush a few and mix in enough so that I can be happy...remember, this is my favorite candy bar!!

I am participating in Make a Foodie Friend Monday hosted by The Saturday Evening Pot.

Comments

  1. This pie may be easy to put together but it's at the top of the list for eye appeal. I'm going to make this for a family get together in a few weeks. I know everybody will love it! Great idea, Kate. Happy Pie Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect summer treat! it looks SO delicious - I'm not sure I could be trusted to get too close to this! Wonderful
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few ice cream type pies fro years ago..they were loved by my family.. One has a rice krispie base.. peanut butter etc:)

    This Kate..looks like something my family would love also:)Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made an ice cream pie, but this one sounds just delicious. I love Butterfingers and ice cream, so know I would love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Pie Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks delightful. pass a fork

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pie is truly amazing. Butterfinger bars are not available in canada but I do find them when I cross into Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This butterfinger pie looks amazingly decadent and the presentation is gorgeous! Loving your blog and so glad to be your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy is often the best! We can't get Butterfingers in Canada but I think I'd substitute with a Skor bar. And this pie would be a reason for me to use my ice cream maker (not that I need a reason). Perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Yummy looking...My family will love this pie...
    blessings,
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I did not know it was Pie Day! I LOVE butterfinger anything, I KNOW I would love this pie and so would my fiancee. I wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate, Seriously delicious looking. Guess what I'm making this Saturday for our family pool party?! I'll let you know it goes...lol like we don't already know!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks sooo good. We don't have Butterfinger bars up here...at least I have never looked for them. I should check and see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a treat! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts