Have A Favorite Smoothie...the Classic Strawberry-Banana!


Yes, spring is bursting at my house!  The weather is perfect for working in the garden, watching the hummingbirds or having dinner on the patio.   No, this is not a strawberry daiquiri, however, that would be tasty too.  It is a Strawberry-Banana Smoothie!

I thought it would be nice to do something different for breakfast and since the sun was shining and it was warmer outside.  What a quick and easy breakfast!

The Classic Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

Yield: 3 1/2 cups

2/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
1 banana, peeled, chunked
2 cups frozen strawberries (other frozen berries or a mixture could be used)

In a blender combine the orange juice, yogurt, banana and 1 cup of the strawberries.  Blend at low speed or pulse to mix.  Once it is blended, add the remaining berries.  Blend until smooth.



A perfect, quick and delicious breakfast!
I am sending this over to Real Food Wednesday!

Comments

  1. my teens love smoothies and I love them because they are so much better for them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have this everyday! Looks really good..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now this i could sink my teeth into!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having smoothies every morning now! I throw in a tablespoon of ground flax along with whatever frozen berries I have and a splash of juice and plain yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so YUMMY!!! I could so go for one right now ;) I just stumbled upon your blog and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I am now your newest follower and I hope you will follow me too! I look forward to reading your future blog posts!
    http://sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts