Pumpkin Bread

After making two pumpkin cakes, it doesn't see quite right to make pumpkin bread, also.  Maybe a bit of calorie overload?  Since the scales are still in my favor, I decided to just do it!  I have used this particular pumpkin bread recipe for close to forty years.  I got it from a gal when I was in college.  I have never found one that is better than this.  The bread is moist and tasty.  Just great to enjoy in the morning...well, afternoon, well, evening...actually, anytime!!

So, while I enjoy my coffee and a slice of pumpkin bread, I will share the recipe with you.


Pumpkin Bread

Yield:  2 loaves
Preheat Oven:  350°
Bake:  1 hour and 15 minutes

2 cups pumpkin
4 eggs
2/3 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp soda
2/3 cup water

Cream the first four ingredients. 
In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.  Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture alternately with the water.
Pour into desired loaf pans. 

PRINTABLE RECIPE


I love the fall and the wonderful foods!

Comments

  1. Wow, that looks so incredibly moist and I can just imagine all of those warm spices wafting throughout my kitchen. Bookmarking to make for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that it's the season for pumpkin bread. I need to get baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some strange reason I only think to make pumpkin bread at holiday time. I'm the same way with pumpkin pie. Your recipe is very different than mine and I'll give it a try. Love that deep pumpkin color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe is the third one I've bookmarked this morning. I cannot get enough pumpkin! I even put some in the freezer for later in the winter. The bread looks delicious and I love the shape of the pan. It's one I've missed and don't have in my baking cabinet.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pumpkin bread looks really yummy! He! He! I've just posted on pumpkin yeast bread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    Very nice. delicious!
    Thanks for the recipe!
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed reading all your pumpkin posts. The one I use for bread is very much like yours! So moist, I love it!
    Hope all is well with you, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made my annual pumpkin puree batch so I have lots of little packages to work with... love pumpkin bread and this looks like a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so wonderful. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts