Marinated Grilled Flank Steak

Having unearthed a few cookbooks mentioned on a previous post, I found some "lost" recipes!  One that is simple and I should have had "off the top of my head" is Marinated Grilled Flank Steak from Colorado Cache Cookbook.  The steak is always flavorful.  We have used this recipe for the last thirty years!

The recipes lists a number of option ingredients.  When we make this I always include the green onion and celery seed.  I include the dill weed only if I have any fresh available.


Marinated Grilled Flank Steak

Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup or more dry red wine

3 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 large clove garlic, sliced
Pepper to taste
Chopped green onion or chives (optional)
Chopped dill weed (optional)
Celery Seed (optional)
1 1/12 lb. flank steak, trimmed

Mix all ingredients in the pan in which meat is to be marinated.  Marinate flank steak, turning occasionally, for 2 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.  Broil meat over hot coals for 5 minutes per side for rare meat.  Slice meat on the diagonal across the grain and serve.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


Flank Steak on the grill is delicious!

Comments

  1. Flank steak is so flavourful. Can't wait to grill some. Today it is snowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a flank steak, and logged onto browse for a good recipe. I found it! Muwaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent. your marinade is simple yet succulent. all cuts of steak should be so lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate...
    I love the thought of something marinating overnight in the frig...
    Always nice to get up in the morning and know what your having for dinner!
    Thanks...
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous recipe! Your side dish looks so delicious too. I can't wait to start grilling again. My husband needs to give ours a good spring cleaning and pick up more propane. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH yummmy...flank steak has such a great beef flavor! We love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding old favorite recipes! I always wonder how they got lost to begin with when we liked them so much.
    The flank steak marinade is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delish...so does your pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks wonderful and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree... flank steak on the grill IS delicious! this looks great next to your pasta and asparagus salad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The marinade sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a yummy steak!
    Great idea for a marinade.

    Greetings from Germany.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts