Jam Thumbprint Cookies

This month has gone by so quickly!  It is time once again for Barefoot Bloggers to join together to prepare one of Ina Garten's recipes.  This week, Cassandra at Foodie with Little Thyme has selected Jam Thumbprint Cookies.  Thank you Cassandra!


The recipe can be found in Barefoot Contessa Family Style or here at Food Network.


I made the recipe as written except that the red jam in the refrigerator was not raspberry!  It was red currant so I used that as well as apricot jam.

I love shortbread, coconut and jams of all kinds so I really like these cookies.  The Kitchen Gnome likes them and commented how the coconut had toasted and they had such a great flavor.  My neighbor liked them and the gals at work liked them, too.  I think this is a keeper!

Barefoot Bloggers have made two different kinds of cookies this month.  Of the two, I cannot say that I prefer one over the other.  In my mind, they serve two purposes, the Jam Thumbprint Cookies are tasty morsels and great for enjoying with a warm cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon.  The Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies are a good anytime snack!  Both recipes will be saved!


This is a cookie with a subtle flavor.  
It would be a nice treat, in the afternoon, with a cup of tea!

Comments

  1. Beautiful cookies. Job well done! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now, this is a great little cookie indeed. You've got me inspired to make these once again. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cookies with jam...delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. given my infatuation with coconut, i can't believe i've never seen a thumbprint cookie making use of the stuff! i think your jam choices are excellent--pretty and tasty. well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking cookies and I know just how delicious they are! Yours look fabulous! Like both your jam choices! Anything goes! I once made them with lemon curd instead of the jam for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cookies are really good, but don't you think the jam print cookies are more festive? I've always thought so...they make such a lovely presentation!
    You did a great job with them; I love that crunchy coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great ...I love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you, the two cookies are too different to rate one over the other. The oatmeal cookies were more in line with the type of cookie that I usually bake. I probably never would have made these if they hadn't been chosen by BB, but I'm so glad they were. They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cookies. I always enjoy any of Ina's recipes, even if I'm not a baker. These cookies might make me think twice and become a little bit of a baker.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering why everyone was making thumbprint cookies! I saw them in a few places! But yours look the best..:)
    Have a great weekend, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this cookies. Next time I'm going to roll mine in coconut. That's a nice addition and they are so pretty on a plate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, both of these cookies were great and easy. Yours look gorgeous by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think red currant jelly is one of the most neglected foods. It should be a required ingredient in every kitchen pantry, I think. Your cookies look so good that I want to reach into my screen and take one. Instead, I think I'm going to have to go and make some...

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look perfect! They were my favourite childhood cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow yours turned out beautifully! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Thumbprint Cookies with Coconut look so good! I'd like one now please!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cookies look better than mine. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts