Another Walk Along the River

I mentioned that I really enjoy the sound of water. I enjoy walking along the nearby river. It needed to take another walk along the river to enjoy the sounds...to enjoy the day...cold...crisp air...

There are spots that are so tranquil and others that are rapidly rolling. Our river is deceiving. It is one to respect. It is one to admire from the shore. During the winter the river isn't as dangerous as it is in the summer. More water is released into the river from the dam in the summer enticing swimmers who do not know...the river is deceiving...

Walking along the many paths along the river...listening...searching for critters...

Listening...one can let go...enjoy the peacefulness...

Listening...watching...

Enjoying the sounds...the time is always short...time to go...find a new path...

Where does it lead...to something beautiful, I am sure...

But before I go...just one more thing...

Today is Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer...please stop by to visit all of this week's participants!

Comments

  1. Those are fantastic photos..I can hear the water rushing, and feel the wind on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. There is something so special about being near a river. I would love to have a bubbling creek filled with trout running through my back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful place to take a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could you not like the sound of water? The pictures are beautiful and make me want to go for a walk there. Is it the New River?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This a truly beautiful area you shared today. All your pictures reflect the rushing water and your words made you feel you were there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a wonderful place to go for a walk.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing how calming the sound of water is. This looks like a fabulous place.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sounds of the river. Ours has an underground river, which is very deceiving. It has quicksand. I admire it from afar, knowing that it can be dangerous. Still, it's peaceful to hear the sound of the water. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great shots! I love the sound of running water too...its so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful, peaceful, tranquil place to take a walk! I love the sound of water too. It's so therapeutic ... I could just walk on and on. You took really lovely photos, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, Kate, and your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. I can hear the water just looking at your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beatiful walk. Being near water has always been important to us. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts