Mango-Peach Sangria


On a trip to Durham, NC, I had a deliciously refreshing glass of Sangria at an Italian restaurant! I had never tried Sangria before and was really surprised at the wonderful fruity flavors! Sadly, I didn't get the recipe but I am on a quest for a great Sangria recipe! I have yet to find a Sangria that has the same wonderful flavor combination as what I had on the trip.

I am going to work my way through a number of recipes and maybe with some help from friends, the magic combination will be found!

The first recipe I tried was Mango-Peach Sangria in the July issue of Food and Wine. I was a bit skeptical because it called for Grand Marnier but I figured I might as well try!


Mango-Peach Sangria

1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 cup Grand Marnier
1 bottle Viognier
1 chopped mango
2 peaches cut into thin wedges
1/4 cup mint

In a saucepan, cook the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves; transfer to a pitcher and refrigerate until cold. Stir in the Grand Marnier, Viognier, mango, peaches and mint and serve over ice.

Sounds easy enough!

The first taste took my breath away. The Grand Marnier was very strong. The recipe in the magazine said to serve immediately. I think that it needs to sit (with ice) for a little while to allow the fruit flavors to be noticed.

PRINTABLE RECIPE

The men loved this drink!

Comments

Popular Posts