Lemon Yogurt Cake Revisited


Last week I made the Lemon Yogurt Cake for a friend but I didn't get to taste it! I love anything with lemon so I had no choice but to make it again! This has become my new favorite cake. I loved the texture - it is like a pound cake but has no butter. It has the lemon flavor that was missing for me when I made the Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. I think with a few little changes, I could improve upon that recipe....but that is for another time.

There are a couple of things I need to point out. Fresh lemons are a must. When I made the cake the first time I didn't have enough fresh lemon juice for the glaze. That much I did get to taste and I thought it was harsh. What a difference between fresh lemon juice and "the bottled!"

Also, the directions are not very clear as to when the cake is removed from the pan. The cake is left in the pan to absorb the lemon-sugar mixture that is poured over it after it has come out of the oven. After the cake has cooled, this takes about an hour, it is removed from the pan, placed on the rack and then the glaze is poured over it.

If you try it, let me know how it turns out!

Comments

Popular Posts