Rose Tea


For years we had a little tea room that served marvelous soups, salads, sandwiches and a delicious Rose Tea.  It was one of those places that I reserved for special lunches...those celebration moments.

Sadly, the Country Rose Tea Room closed and it is sorely missed by many of us.  Their Rose Tea, though, will live on in our memories as a special treat.  For years I tried to figure out the recipe. I must admit that I came pretty close, just didn't have a ringer. I was excited about being close....but then, close only counts when playing horseshoes.  What's next...when you really enjoy something, you just have to keep trying.

I had always been told that it had apple juice in it...okay, but then what?   Then, I tried Ina's Herbal Iced Tea.  It was close but didn't quite have that special flavor I was seeking.   It seemed to be beyond me until it dawned on me that I was overlooking the obvious.  And what is the obvious?  .....Rose Water, of course!

I can drink an entire pitcher of this stuff...how many calories are in a pitcher of apple juice...forgot about that....it can't be that much...so I will have another glass.

Rose Tea

4 Lemon Zinger tea bags (Celestial Seasonings Natural Herb Tea)
4 Raspberry Zinger tea bags (Celestial Seasonings Natural Herb Tea)
4 cups boiling water
4 cups pure apple juice (I used Martinelli's Pure Apple Juice.)
4 tsp. Rose Water (I used about 1/2 tsp per cup)
Lemon slices

In four cups of boiling water, steep the eight tea bags for about 10 minutes.  Remove the tea bags and pour the tea into a pitcher.  Add the apple juice and rose water.  Refrigerate until cold.  Serve over ice with lemon slices.

Note:  The amount of Rose Water is personal preference.  I added and tasted.  I also squeezed three lemon slices into the tea just before serving, as I think lemon adds a nice finish.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


This is a special tea and would be a lovely addition to a Mother's Day brunch.  I served it at our Easter dinner and it was enjoyed by all.

I am sharing today at Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen's Country Cottage and Foodie Friday hosted by Michael at Rattlebridge Farm.

Comments

  1. It looks like a garden treat..I love teas..as you may know and this one looks so nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is just my cup of tea!
    I can just imagine the rose water would make it extra special.
    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for cracking the secret. How pretty. I've made Ina's Zinger tea combination and liked it. Next time I'll had to add rose water.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. It sounds really good and is a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just pinned your Rose Tea, Kate I am so excited to get this recipe. Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this version. You might check out another one that I posted last year: http://eliotseats.com/?p=14363

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts