Cherry Almond Muffins


Cherries and almond...the perfect marriage!  With an abundance of cherries on hand, making something with cherries and almond was a must.  Cherries and almond are made for one another...it is a wonderful flavor combination.

During my cherry recipe search, I found this one from King Arthur Flour.  I did make a slight change.  Instead of 1/2 cup of milk I used 1/4 cup of milk  and 1/3 cup of sour cream...the muffins were light and tasty...but of course, they were tasty, there are cherries and almonds!

Cherry-Almond Muffins
adapted from  King Arthur Flour

Preheat oven to 375° F.
Yield:  12 muffins

1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups cherries, pitted, coarsely chopped and drained
1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
Raw sugar

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time.  Mix in the sour cream.

Sift together the dry ingredients and add them, alternately with the milk to the butter/sugar mixture. Stir in the almond extract and vanilla, then gently fold in the almonds and cherries.

Spoon the muffin batter into 12 greased muffin cups.  The cups will be quite full.  Sprinkle each muffin with a bit of raw sugar.  Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.  Check the muffins at 20 minutes.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


We enjoyed the muffins with a cup of coffee in the morning.  And, yes, I shared with my neighbor!

Comments

  1. You are being very successful with your cherries. A hot cup of coffee and one of these muffins...just about perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a ton of cherries in the freezer. I think this is getting made and taken to work next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to try:-)
    They look and sound so good.
    Your adjustment was a very good idea:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on a cherry roll! I approve, I'm pitting a ton of cherries today for a recipe and I'm in hog heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherries and almonds are a marriage made in heaven. Love these pretty muffins.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cherries and almonds are perfect for each other. They say that when you made a traditional cherry clafouti you bake the cherries with the pits in which have an almond flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw the first cherries of the season at the grocery store. They are one of my favorite fruits and I love to use them in cooking. Happy holiday weekend, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Hope the dessert turns out good. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The recipe looks great, and the photo of your out-of-the-oven muffins makes my mouth water. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would do a lot to enjoy cherries each year. These muffins look delicious.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts