Butter-Roasted Pecans with Thyme and Cayenne - A Derby Day or Any Day Snack


Do you need some spicy herbed nuts to snack on this weekend?  This just might be the snack for which you have been searching.  It is "the" snack.  I couldn't keep my hand away from the baking sheet, the cooling rack or the bowl!  I was getting worried that they would disappear before we left for our get together...  I envisioned me arriving at our destination with an empty bowl and a sheepish grin....they are that good!!  They are that simple!  They are the perfect snack with cocktails or without!

My friend sent me the recipe and there wasn't a credit on it...there was just the statement that the inspiration for these nuts goes to the late author, Lori Colwin, who shared her rosemary walnut recipe with Gourmet magazine many years ago...  I am happy she did...  I am happy that somebody was inspired to mix up this wonderful snack!

Butter-Roasted Pecans with Thyme and Cayenne

3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne
3 cups pecan halves (about 12 ounces)

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Melt utter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and stir in thyme,salt,  and cayenne.
Pour over pecans in a bowl and toss well to evenly coat.

Spread out pecans in a rimmed baking sheet and bake in middle of oven until golden and fragrantly toasty, 10 to 12 minutes.

Make ahead:  Pecans can be roasted 2 days ahead and kept at room temperature.  Re-warm in a low oven before serving.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


I am sharing this treat at Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen's Country Cottage and Foodie Friday hosted by Michael at Rattlebridge Farm.

Comments

  1. Visiting from Full Plate Thursday. I can't resist pecans of any kind. These look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing and sound very addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disappearing roasted pecans is definitely a problem when I make these. It takes a lot of self-control not to eat them all as soon as the come out of the oven. Love the cayenne in them.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pecans with a kick!!! What a great twist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these at the holidays. They make such good gifts. If I made them other times in the year I would eat them all the time. They are delicious for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate, I remember Lori Colwin from years ago. This recipe sounds fabulous. It just so happens that I have loads of pecans in the freezer from picking them at our friends' orchard. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so good! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty the way the thyme trails over the pecans. My father used to make Tabasco pecans when I was a little girl--very similar, so I know this is delicious. Thanks for adding your recipe to Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. butter roasted pecans are so tasty. thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pecans are my very favorite nut and I'm so happy to have a great recipe for turning them into a flavorful snack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pecans sound addicting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts