Chocolate Peanut Buddy Bars


Grace at A Southern Grace posted about Chocolate Peanut Buddy Bars. Chocolate wrapped in a peanut butter square? What could be more delicious? So asks the Nestle web site where the recipe is posted. So claims Grace...she convinced me to make them. Well, I can't think of anything more delicious at the moment because I am too busy thinking about the flavor of these bars!

The Kitchen Gnome only had to see the bags of chocolate morsels and the jar of peanut butter sitting on the counter to ask "Are they ready yet?" Needless to say, these were first eaten warm....yummy! They are moist and chocolatey and did I mention peanut butter? Mmmmm!

Chocolate Peanut Buddy Bars

1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar

3 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package
) chocolate chips, divided

Preheat oven to 350º F.
Beat peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat in flour and salt. Stir in 3/4 cup morsels. Spread into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.


I shared these wonderful bars with the neighbors. I got a phone call before I was back in the house! The bars are delicious.....this could be dangerous....I must share a few more or I will eat them all!

Comments

  1. Chocolate and peanut butter, two of my favorite foods together in a gooey bar cookie. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that does sound like a dangerous combination! Chocolate and peanut butter are two of my best buddies :)

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...do these look good! Do you ever link your recipes to Foodie Friday at the blog, Designs by Gollum? Looks like you have some fabulous recipes! :-) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Susan, I haven't but have thought about doing so. Thank you for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these on Grace's site too. They look so delicious - nothing beats peanut butter and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once, during my only bout of post partum, I ate 45 Reese's p-nut butter cups. Doctor said I had an air bubble the size of a grapefruit and I had to take antacids before each meal for months. I still love them though, as I do all things peanut and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no better flavor combo than chocolate and PB! These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sound of this!
    Looks delicious!
    Thanks for the recipe
    Great site and pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts