Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites


It is pretty hectic, isn't it?  Sometimes no matter how much I plan, I can't get everything done so that I can snatch a few minutes for me.  Don't you feel that way sometimes?  That is really how I felt about my baking this year.  I plan. I make a list. I check it twice..then thrice...go to the store, come home to bake and realize that I forgot something.  I live a good distance from the grocery store so hopping in the car and dashing to the corner doesn't work for me.  Oh well....

Needless to say, my baking has been haphazard.  It has also been very simple.  Like these cute little brownie bites.  I would like to say that I made them from scratch but as my luck would have it, a missing ingredient means fall back and regroup...I used a brownie mix and it was fine.  But, I am including a quick brownie recipe below for those of you who don't have a brownie mix in the pantry! It is quick because it uses cocoa powder instead of having to melt chocolates.  You can use any recipe you like...or any brownie mix for that matter.  Whatever works for you!

They still taste great and they are still cute little bites that can be made in a snap and serve as a quick dessert!  Basically, they are brownie bites, dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with crunched up candy canes.  Or, if you are lucky, you might have picked up a bag of already crunched up peppermints when you were at the store.

Quick....easy....tasty.

Peppermint Crunch Brownie Bites

2 cups sugar
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup flour

2 cups white melting wafers (I used Ghirardelli Candy and Dipping White Melting Wafers.)
5-6 candy canes, crushed


Preheat the oven to 350° F.

Prepare mini muffin cups.

In a large bowl, combine the sugar, melted unsalted butter and salt. Whisk in 3 eggs, one at a time. Add the cocoa powder and flour, mix well.  

Fill the mini muffin cups slightly more than half full.  Bake in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until just set.  Cool for five minutes and remove the bites from the muffin tin.

While the brownie bites are cooling, melt the wafers in the microwave following the package directions.  Dip the tops of the brownies in the melted chocolate.  Sprinkle with bits of crushed peppermints.  Set aside for the candy to set before serving.






Comments

  1. Kate, Wow...my better half would probably kill for these little bits of goodness! Loves chocolate and loves peppermint...can't miss with these. Merry Christmas and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having fun decorating with crushed candy canes this year too, your brownies look great Kate! Merry Christmas Week-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts