It is celebration time! I finally got the tree trimmed and the house decorated! I got a bit of a late start but managed to bring it all together and to celebrate, Mr. T and I enjoyed a Randy Reindeer. Just what is a Randy Reindeer? It is a cocktail created by Anna at Anna Dishes. The cocktail is filled with wonderful Christmas flavors like cranberry, pomegranate, orange and, of course, a splash of bubbly. To me the Randy Reindeer was the perfect selection for this month's recipe exchange group, Blogger CLUE. Each month we are assigned a blog, a theme and challenged to find a recipe that matches the theme. The December theme was celebration! Cheers!
I first searched Anna's blog in March as Anna Dishes was my first Blogger CLUE assignment. I was happy to pay her a second visit! Anna's blog is packed with "homegrown, flavor-packed recipe creations". I saw so many celebration dishes that I would prepare such as Eggnog Rum Cake with White Chocolate Snow or Almost Magic Stuffed Mushrooms, but when I saw this cocktail...well, it was decided.
adapted from Anna Dishes
2 1/2 cups Vodka
2 1/2 cups Pomegranate juice
2 1/2 cups Cranberry juice
1/2 cup Triple Sec
Brut Rose Sparkling Wine or Proseco
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Cranberry juice
White or Red Sparkling Sugar for rimming the glasses
In a large pitcher combine the vodka, pomegranate juice and the cranberry juice. Stir. Next add the Triple Sec and about 1/4 cup of the brown sugar syrup. Stir again.
In a small flat-bottomed dish, pour the sugar for rimming the glasses. In a second flat-bottomed dish, pour some cranberry juice. Dip the rim of your glass in the juice and then the sugar.
Place a few ice cubes in the glass and pour in the drink mixture. Add a splash of bubbly and it is time to celebrate!
Note: The original recipe calls for a bit of Peach Bitters. We did not have any so it was omitted. We also adjusted the amount of Triple Sec to meet our tastes.
Take a look at the celebration recipes that other group members selected!
- A Savory Cheesecake by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Almond Shortbread Cookies by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Black Forest Trifle by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Blueberry Lemon Bars by Anna from annaDishes
- Bourbon Apricot Meatballs by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Cheesy Garlic Blooming Loaf by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Cookie Dough Cheese Ball by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Handcrafted Baileys Irish Cream by Debra from Eliot's Eats
- Henri's Tastee Dressing by Kate from Kate's Kitchen
- Homemade Onion Rosemary Bread by Kim from Liv Life
- Italian Anisette Cookies by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Party Meatballs by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- San Permis Sparkling Cocktail by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Tartiflette by Kate from Kate's Kitchen (will be live later tonight)
- The Randy Reindeer by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- White Chocolate Chip Cookie Souffles by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook