Cheers! It is Celebration Time with A Randy Reindeer! - Blogger CLUE



It is celebration time!  I finally got the tree trimmed and the house decorated!  I got a bit of a late start but managed to bring it all together and to celebrate, Mr. T and I enjoyed a Randy Reindeer.  Just what is a Randy Reindeer?  It is a cocktail created by Anna at Anna Dishes.  The cocktail is filled with wonderful Christmas flavors like cranberry, pomegranate, orange and, of course, a splash of bubbly.   To me the Randy Reindeer was the perfect selection for this month's recipe exchange group, Blogger CLUE.  Each month we are assigned a blog, a theme and challenged to find a recipe that matches the theme.  The December theme was celebration!  Cheers!

I first searched Anna's blog in March as Anna Dishes was my first Blogger CLUE assignment. I was happy to pay her a second visit!  Anna's blog is packed with "homegrown, flavor-packed recipe creations".  I saw so many celebration dishes that I would prepare such as Eggnog Rum Cake with White Chocolate Snow or Almost Magic Stuffed Mushrooms, but when I saw this cocktail...well, it was decided.

Randy Reindeer
adapted from Anna Dishes

Serves 6

2 1/2 cups Vodka
2 1/2 cups Pomegranate juice
2 1/2 cups Cranberry juice
1/2 cup Triple Sec
Brut Rose Sparkling Wine or Proseco

Syrup
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Cranberry juice

White or Red Sparkling Sugar for rimming the glasses

Do Ahead:  Prepare a syrup by combining one cup of brown sugar and one cup of cranberry juice. Simmer until the brown sugar has melted and the mixture becomes a thin syrup.  Cool to room temperature.  Do not refrigerate.

In a large pitcher combine the vodka, pomegranate juice and the cranberry juice.  Stir.  Next add the Triple Sec and about 1/4 cup of the brown sugar syrup.  Stir again.

In a small flat-bottomed dish, pour the sugar for rimming the glasses.  In a second flat-bottomed dish, pour some cranberry juice.  Dip the rim of your glass in the juice and then the sugar.

Place a few ice cubes in the glass and pour in the drink mixture.  Add a splash of bubbly and it is time to celebrate!

Cheers!

Note:  The original recipe calls for a bit of Peach Bitters.  We did not have any so it was omitted.  We also adjusted the amount of Triple Sec to meet our tastes.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


 Take a look at the celebration recipes that other group members selected!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great seasonal drink! Merry Christmas-time Kate:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect Christmas drink

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read the recipe to Bev I got the expected response - "oh yeah, print that out for me"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous holiday cocktail! And the name cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Without even tasting the drink I can tell it's good, just by the name. It's so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what a lovely festive cocktail! Let's celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific cocktail for this festive time of year! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, ma'am. I think I have all the ingredients to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the name of this cocktail! And that color is stunning, a perfect drink for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you enjoyed this drink! It is one of my favorites and was so fun to create. Cheers! Hope you have a lovely holiday season. Happy Dishing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the name of this cocktail!!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The color of this drink is just perfect for the holidays! Merry Christmas, Kate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts