KILLER Pumpkin Bars


This is the last chance to get things planned, organized and ready for the best feast of the year!  To me the Thanksgiving meal is the very best....a time of gathering family and friends together to give thanks for our many blessings and to enjoy the very best cooking of the year!

In preparation and motivation for the feast, I read through many of my favorite blogs...saving recipes that I thought would be perfect for the season and the big day.  When I read Monique's post about the pumpkin bars that she had just made and dubbed, KILLER Pumpkin Bars, I knew that I had to make them.  Monique's blog, La Table de Nana, is one of the first that I started to follow...she has a lovely blog that is filled with inspiration along with amazing recipes....do visit her...you will love the tour....thank you, Monique for sharing.

The Pumpkin Bar recipe is one of those that has moved from friend to friend...I can see why, each bite was heavenly....I wanted this recipe to continue of its journey, bringing smiles and a bit of heaven to all...

These are the type of bar that cannot live long in my house...they were plated and delivered to others...continuing the journey....  They are easy to make and worth adding to your seasonal menus.


Killer Pumpkin Bars

2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups canned pumpkin (one 15 oz can)
4 eggs, room temperature
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp each:  cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger
1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Lightly grease a 15 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan
(A small baking dish of similar dimensions should work fine.)

Sift the flour, baking soda, spices and salt together.  Set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar until smooth.  Add the pumpkin and eggs.  Beat until well combined.

Spread the mixture into the pan.

Bake for approximately 25 minutes...until the center of the cake springs back...or the tester is clean.

Cool completely and frost.

Icing

3 oz. cream cheese
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla (I used vanilla bean paste...)
1/2 tsp orange zest
2 cups powdered sugar

Beat until smooth and frost the bars.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


Mr. T ate quite a few of these delightful bars.  I know that the KILLER Pumpkin Bar recipe will be on my "forever" list.

Comments

  1. :-)
    Linda will be happy her recipe is making the rounds:-)
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a yummy little treat, thanks for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving Week:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No last chance for me. Today is our Thanksgiving. Would've made these if I seen it sooner, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Can't wait to give it a try. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fabulous Kate and if Monique says they're "killer" then I know they're definitely worth making!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth is salivating and my tummy leaped for want.
    These pumpkin bars look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that ceramic chicken in that first photo and these bars sound really really good. Pinned. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts