Banana Oatmeal Bake


Sometimes it is nice to have something a little different for breakfast.  That is just what I was looking for when I saw a post on Noble Pig for Banana Oatmeal Bake.  Cathy posts some amazing recipes so I knew that this was going to be delicious and perfect for our busy morning.

With a wonderful banana bread aroma wafting through the house, I could hardly wait for the minutes to tick away and the timer to ring.  I poured a bit of milk over the top and enjoyed each and every bite!  I also knew that it was going to be loved by Sabine.  Yes, my granddaughter has been here and she loves bananas...so this was certainly the perfect breakfast!

Banana Oatmeal Bake
adapted from Noble Pig

2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups milk (reduced fat works fine)
2 medium bananas, mashed
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

In a medium bowl, combine the oats, 10-Grain Cereal baking powder and salt.  Set aside.

In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, milk, egg, vanilla extract and mashed bananas.  Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.

Lightly spray an 8 X 8 baking pan with cooking spray and pour in the mixture.  Bake at 375° F. for 15 minutes.  Sprinkle the walnuts on top and bake for another 5 minutes to toast them.

Serve hot!

PRINTABLE RECIPE


This would be a good bake to make when there is company in the house or for Thanksgiving morning...or any morning for that matter....it's delicious and easy!




Comments

  1. What a nice and healthy breakfast to start the day, especially if there's a chill in the air. I bet your house smelled divine.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds really really good .... how did I miss this on Cathy's blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know we'd love this, it sounds amazing and I just happen to have a pile of ripe bananas sitting on the counter, hmmmm.........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts