Crab Stuffed French Bread aka Crab Bread

What to do when there is leftover crab?! What to do if there is a random can of crab in the pantry?! Make "Crab Bread" mom! Thus, Crab Stuffed French Bread was dubbed "Crab Bread".

This has got to be one of the most versatile, easy and filling appetizers. It is a favorite when we are home or on vacation...for lunch, dinner with soup or just as an appetizer. If you like crab, cheese and bread, you won't be disappointed!

Stuffed French Bread aka Crab Bread
(adapted from San Francisco A La Carte)

1 loaf French bread
8 ounces cheese spread (or an 8 oz. jar of commercial cheese spread)
Mayonnaise to moisten
2 (6 ounce) cans crab meat (or abt 6-8 oz fresh cooked crab)
Chopped parsley, for the top (abt. 1/4 cup)

Cheese Spread
8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1 Tbsp butter, softened

Place the grated cheese and butter in a food processor. Blend until smooth.

Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Cut the loaf of French bread in half lengthwise. Remove some of the bread to make a shallow trench in each half (if you like). Cover each half of the bread with cheese spread. Add the mayonnaise to the crab meat to moisten and spread over the cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Cut into serving pieces and serve.

PRINTABLE RECIPE

As you can see by the picture...I was overzealous and put the parsley on before baking! I didn't matter.


Delicious!

Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Kate! I guess great minds think alike, Ha! Your Crab Bread looks simply delicious. What a great idea for a quick appetizer or even a lunch. Thanks for stopping by my site this past year, it is always great to see your face :-).

    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve.

    The best in 2010! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kate, that looks fabulous! We do a similar recipe but no cheese in the filling only on top. I'd love to try your version.

    Happy New Year! All the best in 2010 my friend.xo ~m

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the BEST RECIPE EVER! Every time I have crab bread it reminds me of growing up. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I have just enough crab in the fridge to make this wonderful recipe. I love crab any time, any way. How perfect for football watching tomorrow.

    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH boy does this sound good and really, REALLY rich!

    Happy New Year Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! Great appy!
    Happy 2010...no celebrations here..hope we can get out tomorrow if it thaws!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, your recipe sounds wonderful! We just had crab last night :) I wish I had some left to try this tonight.

    Happy New Year, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are wicked. Sinfully wicked. My desire to resist cheese is weakening. (blowing raspberries at you). Man, that looks good. I could eat it all by myself...and that's the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your blog! It is wonderful! I will definitely be trying some of your recipes soon. I love this recipe, I have a similar one, and I especially love your detailed explanation for tamales!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts