Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins



There is a surprise wedding shower breakfast tomorrow for a special gal at work. We are all excited to have somebody young enough in the department to get married!

Our department loves food. We seem to find multiple reasons to share breakfast or lunch. We just had our last Soup Day a few weeks ago so a wedding shower was a good reason to celebrate and share breakfast with one another.

As I thumbed through Dorie Greenspan's cookbook, Baking From My Home to Yours, I saw a recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins.



I love lemon, sour cream and poppy seeds so how could I go wrong? I did try something a little different, for me. Dorie has a section called Playing Around. She suggests filling the muffins with various types of jam. I didn't have the blueberry jam that she preferred but I did have some raspberry jam and lemon curd so I filled one third with lemon curd, another with raspberry and left filling out of the last few. We shall see how the crowd likes them. They were quick and easy to make and I must admit, the batter was tasty!




I can hardly wait to taste one!

Comments

  1. Oh wow, these look dreamy. I LOVE this flavor combination. And filling them with raspberry jam is a great idea. Can't wait to try these. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were very nice! I had expected more of a lemon "punch" but those that were filled with jam made up for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts