Lindsey's Taco Pizza

My daughter is a good cook.  She is an innovative cook and willing to create recipes.  She gets an idea, collects the ingredients and all of a sudden we have a delicious meal!  Her recipes always turn out.  I called her and invited her to dinner last night.  At the mention of her Taco Pizza she was in the car and on her way over.

At dinner we talked about what to name her creation.  We made up all kinds of names...Pizzaco was one but decided that naming it what it is was a better idea, taco pizza....pizza with a Mexican flair!

The crust had that wonderful crunch on the bottom.  I think that is because the directions say to pre-bake the crust for five minutes.  Sometimes we get so eager that we forget to read directions!  This time we followed the steps as written for preparing the crust....delicious crunch accompanied by Lindsey's great flavors!


Lindsey's Taco Pizza

1 Pillsbury Pizza Dough - Thin Crust
1 bottle taco sauce
1 can refried beans
3/4-1 pound hamburger meat (I used 96% lean.)
1/2-1 package Taco Seasoning mix
1 can green chilies, drained
1 can sliced black olives, drained
Grated Cheese (I used the Mexican cheese mix that came pre-grated.)
Lettuce
Salsa (I used hot, by preference.)
Sour Cream
Avocado slices or guacamole
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro

Cook hamburger per directions on Taco Seasoning mix package.

Unroll the dough onto a greased baking sheet.  Pre-bake per package directions.
Remove from oven.
Layer the following.
Spread taco sauce onto crust.
Spread refried beans over the crust.
Spread meat mixture over the beans.
Sprinkle chilies over meat.
Spread  cheese over pizza.
Sprinkle black olives over the top.

Bake for remaining time.

To serve, cut the pizza as desired.
Garnish with lettuce, a spoonful of sour cream, a slice of avocado,a spoonful of salsa and a sprinkle of cilantro.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


This is so tasty.  The whole family loved it.  Thank you Lindsey for sharing your creation with me!

I am participating in the Celebrity Cook-Along - Pillsbury Doughboy hosted by Lynn at Happier Than a Pig in Mud.

Comments

  1. Wow! Now that is a cool dish! Seems easy enough to make as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Kate, wish I had some for lunch now! Have to chuckle about your reading the directions comment, sometimes I have to remind myself it's a good idea too! Thanks so much for playing along:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a pizza. I'm always trying to think up new combinations of toppings. This will be a delicious change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great looking dish!!! I love the fresh ingredients on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful you share this passion...It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is my kind of pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, gosh, that looks and sounds delicious! I'm definitely making this and it looks fabulous in the photo. Thanks for sharing,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog with lovely comments.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love taco pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks yummy -- beautiful as well as tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter is a very creative cook and it looks fantastic. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And thank you for sharing it withus too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious and is so beautifully served. I'm trying this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts