Backyard Citrus

It is time to pick and juice the citrus that live in containers on the patio and around the house!


The Eureka Lemon does really well in our area.


I do not know the variety of the lime tree.  The limes have a yellow skin but a green flesh.  Their juice is tasty.  My daughter and SIL gave it to us when they moved to the Pacific Northwest.


My favorite is the Meyer Lemon.  There are lots of good things to bake with this wonderful juice!

I am participating in Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.

Comments

  1. Oh, I'm soooo envious-your plants are so happy and healthy! I would love to have potted citrus trees but I don't have enough direct indoor light to keep them happy over the winter-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I would give for a tree like this~nothing like freshness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so envious as I sit here in -30C weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Northwest and can't imagine living any place else (except in weather like we are having right now) but I would be in heaven if I could pick citrus in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We eat lots of lemons and if they can be grown on such small plants, I may try one in the greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts