I am very fortunate. I am married to a man who enjoys our culinary adventures and he also likes to cook. He reads through the blogs regularly and it is not uncommon for him to find a recipe that he must try. That is what happened a few weeks ago when he read Kate's blog, Serendipity. The Kitchen Gnome loves ribs. He loves being challenged to cook "the best ribs."
He gathered his list of ingredients and headed for the store.
Oven Roasted Ribs
Adapted from The Kitchen DiariesServes 4
6 Tablespoons thick honey
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Thai fish sauce
1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
4 whole star anise
3 pounds meaty pork ribs
- Mix the honey, sauces, chili flakes and star anise in a bowl and pour over the ribs.
- Marinate them in this sauce for at least an hour and preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F
- Cook ribs, turning them about every 15 minutes for 60-75 minutes. They should be tender but won’t be falling off the bone.
- Try not to growl when eating them.