Restaurant Style Cocktail Sauce

There is something about the cocktail sauce that one gets at the restaurant.  It always has a little snap and has a depth of flavor that has me even dipping in my French fries!  I love it.  So when I saw Chef Dennis's recipe for Restaurant-Style Shrimp Cocktail, I knew I had to give it a try.


I really do love a good cocktail sauce and, yes, I really do dip my French fries in cocktail sauce!  According to Chef Dennis there is only one choice when buying chili sauce...Heinz Chili Sauce.  Get the one in the tall bottle, not the homemade one in the short round bottle.  He's right.  There is no other brand to use!


Restaurant-Style Cocktail Sauce


1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup Heinz chili sauce
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3-4 tsp prepared horseradish (Start with a little and add until you reach the level of spiciness you like!)
2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice


Mix the ingredients in a small bowl.   Chill and serve.

CAUTION:
Remember to add the horseradish depending upon the level  spiciness you prefer.  I started with two teaspoons and adjusted from there. 





If you haven't checked out the recipe for the Best Ever Cheese Ball, you are missing out!

Comments

Popular Posts