Sparkling Rosé Spritzer

It looks as though there is going to be another  early heat wave.  Temps reaching 111° F.  sound oppressive, but, they aren't as bad as what the folks in Arizona are experiencing.  So, I share not complain.  Instead, I am going to share a nice, refreshing drink!


When I first saw this recipe from Bon Appétit, I was sold.  The only thing I disagree with is their lead in...."...the kind of thing that you can drink all afternoon."  While drinking all afternoon may have appealed to me forty years ago, today, I am happy to enjoy this refreshing drink in the evening, while sitting on a the patio and watching the dogs check out the yard for any critters that may be visiting!

Of course, if we had a pool, I might just enjoy a glass or two while dangling my feet in the water!

Sparkling Rosé Spritzer
adapted from Bon Appétit

Yield:  1 serving

2 lemon slices
4 dashes of bitters
1/2 oz St. Germain (elderflower liqueur)
4 oz sparkling rosé

In a rocks glass (short tumbler), place the lemon slices, bitters, and St. Germain.  Add ice and then top off with the sparkling rosé.

That's it.  Pretty refreshing and quite tasty!

PRINTABLE RECIPE


This has become my fun drink in the evening.  It really is refreshing...but I think it could be too easy to drink!

I am sharing to day at Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen's Country Cottage.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts