Shrimp Louie Pasta Salad

My friend, Cathy, at Wives with Knives is a wonderful cook!  I always know that if she recommends a recipe, it is spot on.  That is the way I felt about the Shrimp Louie Pasta Salad that she shared last summer.  I cannot believe that it actually took me so long to make it.  I can tell you that it won't be that long before I make it again.  It was so delicious.   

I have taken it to two meetings...and each time it disappeared.  I think it is time to make it for us...


Cathy gives the history of the Louie salad and dressing in her post.  Let it be said that she is right...this is a West Coast delight!  This particular version of the salad doesn't use the traditional Louie dressing, just the traditional ingredients.  I think when I make it next, I will try it with the traditional dressing and maybe serve it in half of an avocado.  That sounds like a plan....I can hardly wait!

Shrimp Louie Pasta Salad
adapted from Wives with Knives

1 pound cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
8 ounces macaroni pasta, cooked according to package directions
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 Tbsp red onion, minced
5 hard boiled eggs, 3 chopped for the salad, 2 quartered and set aside for garnish
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp fresh chopped dill,  or 1 teaspoon dried dill
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkle a small bit of paprika over the top.

Slice the cooked shrimp in half lengthwise.  Add it to the pasta in a large bowl along with the celery, relish, tomatoes, red onion, 3 chopped hard boiled eggs, the parsley and dill.

MIx the mayonnaise and lemon juice together and stir until smooth. Combine it with the pasta mixture. Season with salt and pepper.

Garnish:  Arrange the egg quarters over the top and sprinkle with a small bit of paprika.

Make several hours up to a day ahead so the flavors meld.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


This is the perfect summer salad and works well as a main dish or as a side.

I am sharing at Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen's Country Kitchen and at Foodie Friday hosted by Michael at Rattlebridge Farm.

Comments

  1. I agree about Cathy! Looks great..I will try!
    I made her hazelnut strawberry cake for Father's Day and it disappeared in a breath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so good!! I would like to have this one again. It has just an incredible mixture of flavors.Yes, it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kathy and Monique. I'm always so happy to read that others enjoy the recipes my family loves. It's such a pleasure to share them. We are going to the beach for the 4th and this salad is on the menu. Thanks for the link, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful, oldie classics, never go out of style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gawd this sounds good. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious dish. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great day!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts