My New Snowflake Shortbread Pan and Its Maiden Voyage!


I have been really slow about getting into the kitchen for Christmas baking.  I had thought that just maybe I wouldn't do any this year....I have a sweet tooth and figured if it wasn't in the house I wouldn't eat it.  Then I decided that I have will power!  Limit of one!



I saw that Monique at La Table de Nana, had tried a new shortbread pan.  Her cookies were so cute.... Then I saw that Bonnie at From A Writer's Kitchen, had also tried out the pan....and she too had lovely shortbreads!  So, even though I did not have the space or the need, one came to live at my house.  (I had the pan within 24 hours!  Happy me!)

Both ladies said that they used the recipe that came with the pan....so, that is what I did...



Shortbread
Nordic Ware

3/4 cup butter at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I used vanilla bean paste.)
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cups flour

Preheat the oven to 325° F.  Grease the pan lightly.

Cream butter until light and fluffy.  Beat in the confectioners' sugar, then the vanilla.  Finally, work in the flour.  Knead the dough on an unfloured board until smooth.  After kneading, flatten the dough and place in the pan.  Firmly press the dough into the pan, so that it comes up below the rope detail.  Prick all of the surface with a fork.  (This keeps the dough from bubbling up.)

Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.  (Mine was lightly brown and moving from the sides at 27 minutes.)  Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes.

Loosen the edges with a plastic knife and invert onto a cutting board.  Cut into serving pieces while warm.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


The shortbreads were light and delicious.  It was a successful maiden voyage.   I have butter on the counter so that I can make some more.  Thank you ladies for sharing your successes!

I am sharing today at Foodie Friday hosted by Michael at Rattlebridge Farm.

Comments

  1. They look lovely, Kate! I saw the pan at the outlet but passed. Not that I was being good, lol, I had the ribbon pan in my cart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you like it too:-)
    Always a success:-)
    And lovely all wrapped up:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw them on Monique's blog as well as Bonnie's. They are so pretty. Perhaps we shall all get on board, even us non-bakers such as myself.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are darling shortbreads! I may just have to get the pan too, although I have no place to put it! so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so tempted to buy that pan. We would love these shortbread cookies year around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun pan, Kate! I'm telling myself "no, no, no, I don't need another pan". But its tempting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts