Banging Chains!

What is this?


I must admit when I first saw it, I didn't have the slightest idea nor did Mr. T.  Then one day Mr. T's buddy asked if he would be interested in learning to play disc golf.  You have probably seen young guys playing it in the park.  I thought they were just tossing a frisbee.  I had no idea that there was a net involved, and a course involved and that it was called Disk Golf, not Frisbee Golf.

It is addicting....Mr. T. is now the proud owner of his own net.  One must practice, you know.

Disc golfers take on many forms when they toss a disc.  It is serious business.  There is a lot of talking, leaning, dancing, grimacing, joking, cheering and smiling!  I especially like "the flamingo"!


There are discs that are distance drivers, fairway drivers, mid-range discs and putt and approach discs.  ..whatever is needed! Practicing your putt is important...when it goes in the basket, the chains hanging down bang against one another and there may be a cheer or two!


Disc golf is a great game for those who want to be out in the fresh air, get a little exercise, enjoy time with friends and have fun!  Beware of the addiction....Mr. T. plays with a group of  6 or 7 guys at least three times a week....it is important to try out all of the courses in the area, and then there is the need to play on courses in other cities...  The courses are usually within parks.  They are similar to a regular golf course with open areas and hazards!  Sounds serious, but fun!

I am participating in Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer!

Comments

  1. I have never seen or heard of anything like this. Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I too have never heard of this! I guess it's good for practising the arm swing! Sounds like an alternative to quoits! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of this nor seen the contraption. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the past couple days I have seen this on the news where someone created a whole course through the woods. It does look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have this at one of our local parks. I have never tried playing, but I do see a good many
    people enjoying the sport....Looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! I'm fond of "the flamingo" too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like fun, Kate! I've never seen it played before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate, I have never seen this before, but it sure does give you a great workout!

    BTW, I was looking/reading through your recipes, and they are so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh yes, I do make a wonderful flamingo, don't I! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun game, I never would have imagined that served for that, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not know there was such a game but I'm always late getting in on the latest thing. It reminds me of throwing horse shoes. Thanks for the nice comment about my spring flowers.--------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a new one one me. However, I know very little about golf in general. My son is an avid player. I will see if he knows about this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting and looks like a lot of fun!...Christine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts