Being Thankful


I have been blessed in many ways.  When I saw Ralph Waldo Emerson's Thanksgiving reflection, I was immediately drawn to it.  It is simple and also expresses my thankfulness.

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

During the few years I have been blogging, I have been blessed with many new friends, cyber-friends. I choose to count cyber-friends as friends.  While we do not usually meet face-to-face, some of us do when the occasion presents itself.  Some of my friends have shared books, sentiments, thought provoking quotations, cooking gadgets, "how-to's", numerous comments, and great discussions with me.  I am appreciative and feel blessed to belong in such a helpful and caring community.


I must mention the lovely Maya Angelou book of poetry celebrating the phenomenal woman that Marilyn at Delights of the Heart shared with me.  What a delight it was to read (no pun intended).  She also tucked some tea from Thailand and a pendant inside!  I have appreciated Marilyn's thought-provoking questions, reflections and sentiments this year.  While I thanked Marilyn privately, I didn't say thank you publicly.  Thank you, Marilyn!


The newest kitchen gadget in my house are Star Pancake Molds!  Can you imagine how cute pumpkin pancakes are going to be in these darling molds?  Thank you Kathleen at Cuisine Kathleen for these cute molds and the cupcake stencils that were tucked inside and the occasional email to check in and say hello!

I never knew there were so many kind, thoughtful and delightful folks out there!  Thank you for making me think and reflect and for taking the time to stop by and leave an occasional comment.  You always make me smile.


Happy Thanksgiving!










Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Kate! I'm sure you'll all be eating well-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Kate. Hope those pumpkin pancakes turn out great.
    So thankful to have you as a blogging buddy!
    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome. Have a wonderful, delightful Thanksgiving day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am thankful to be one of your bloggy friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts