Dilled White Bean and Grape Tomato Salad

I have piles of cooking magazines, like many of you.  Where does one find the time to prepare something from each magazine?  Where does one store all of them?  How does one ever remember which of the magazines has the "one" recipe, hiding between its covers, that was supposed to be dinner?  These are the questions that beg for an answer yet the answer is very plain.  One must set a goal of preparing at least one recipe a week from a cooking magazine just as Suzy at Kitchen Bouquet has done.  She has proposed The Great Cooking Magazine Challenge!   I accepted Suzy's challenge.  Don't I have a stack of cooking magazines that resembles the leaning tower of Pisa?  Of course....and, it also has baby towers surrounding it!  There is not a shortage of resources at my house.

Not wanting to go too far back in time, I selected Bon Appetit's June edition.  When I was browsing through I saw a simple white bean salad that sounded light and refreshing.  With the warm days, simple, light and refreshing is always appreciated.


Dilled White Bean and Grape Tomato Salad
Bon Appetit, June 2010


Serves 6-8

2 15oz. cans cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed, drained
2 1/2 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
2/3 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, pressed

Toss all ingredients in a large bowl.  Season with salt and pepper.  Let marinate at room temperature one hour.  (Marinating is key to this salads flavor!)

Do Ahead:  This can be made one day ahead.  Cover and chill.  Bring salad to room temperature before serving.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


This is a perfect, flavorful salad for lunch or dinner on a warm day or to take on a picnic!  We enjoyed every bite!

Comments

  1. Chopped fresh dill always makes a dish so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very beautiful dish. So colorful and flavorful. Would you believe I still haven't read my June issue of Bon Appetit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate you found a great one! I have all of those ingredients handy. I may just have to try this one. I am going to add your link to my original post today and then later this week I'm going to do a little roundup of everyone that took up the challenge. I think its about time to put out a new challenge too :-) Thanks for playing along. Im glad I could inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that ever growing stack of cooking magazine that accumulates faster than I can read them. Going through them and selecting recipes I want to try is a good fall project. I love simple and flavorful salads like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must admit, Kate, I'm glad I saved as many Gourmets as I did!
    This looks like a super find, simple to throw together and full of great flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to make this today! It looks delicious and we're still experiencing summer days here in Temecula!
    Cheers! Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts