Abundant Harvest Organics - Fruits and Vegetables


I am fortunate to live in an area where there are plenty of fruits and vegetables. The Central Valley of California has an abundance of orchards, farms and vineyards all yielding wonderful food and wine. The Valley actually produces many of the fruits and vegetables consumed in America!

A friend told me about Abundant Harvest Organics. She raved about the fact that she got fresh organic fruits and vegetables each week. She talked about getting vegetables that she had never seen or tried in the past. I was intrigued and decided that I would try it out.


It is now a year later and we still get up early every Saturday morning to go to the designated pick-up spot for our "box"! We have never regretted the decision to participate. I too, have had to learn to prepare vegetables that I had never before eaten! It has been our Saturday adventure. Weekly menus are planned around "what's in the box!"

Take a look at some of what is inside....

Can you believe the variety?

On another week, fresh basil!

A platter of fresh vegetables!

We are very fortunate to always have fresh fruit and vegetables! As the seasons change, the variety of fruits and vegetables changes. It is always exciting to see just what is hidden inside each week! Some things are familiar and others not! If you have a chard or kale recipe that you would like to share, I am looking for some and eager to try them!


Comments

  1. I am soooo jealous....what a great harvest I see there! I too love this season with its goodness from the earth! All too soon now the rains are beginning and the harvest is over...time to can can and make jams if there is any fruit left! Grin. Happy Weekend there my very southern friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fortunate for you...and such a good way to try all the various varieties out there and know they are organically grown. Have a ball !!! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love our CSA box as well. It's such a good experience to base meals off yummy veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous too. We don't have that tradition here, and I wish we did. But we DO have open-air markets with lots of good local produce. I'm also jealous of the corn--here, they only grow field corn. Sometimes I can find corn in the markets, but it usually comes from too far away.

    I love trying new veggies! Yours look mouth-watering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very rich and abundant indeed..I even love the truck:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky to have such a beautiful bounty of vegies. I love your blog and thanks for following me too. My online time has been threatened by monitor glitches lately, but will be back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts