Citrus and Herb Marinated Olives

I know, I have been neglecting the blog.  It isn't that I am not cooking.  We do have to eat.  It isn't because I don't have new recipes to share.  I have quite a few drafts that are collecting dust. Sometimes I feel as though I am writing to myself!

I am not trying to become a world famous cookbook author.  I am not trying to see who can get the most followers.  I am not interested in creating the most fattening dessert in the world.  (But there are days when I would like to taste it!) I am not interested in making movies.  I don't view everybody else as competition.  I am just a gal who likes to try new recipes, cook and share.

I must also admit that I have been sharing less as I have become intrigued with making quilt tops.  I have been participating in two weekly projects, one is Pat Sloan's Solstice Challenge.  (182 days to complete a quilt - winter solstice to summer solstice) Each week we are presented with a new block to add to the quilt top. This is the first time that I have worked on a quilt top that is asymmetrical and the first time I have worked blind.  By blind I mean I have had no idea how the layout would come together so I have struggled with color selections and spacing.  We are on week 21 and I have learned a lot!  I like to think that I am getting better as I go...and since I only have to please me, I have!  Here are a few of my favorite squares.


I did find some time to have guests for dinner.   These delicious Citrus and Herb Marinated Olives helped to start the evening.  The olives are marinated in a combination of citrus and herbs.  They are really habit forming.



Citrus and Herb Marinated Olives
adapted from The Yellow Table

1 cup mixed olives (with pits)  (I used a container of mixed olives from Trader Joe's, drained)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sherry vinegar
1 1/2 tsp thinly sliced lemon zest, rough chop
1 1/2 tsp thinly sliced orange zest, rough chop
1 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 sprig rosemary, (about 3 inches) leaves striped, quick rough chop
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Stir together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.  Allow the olives to sit at room temperature for at least an hour before serving.  Place the olives in a serving dish and enjoy!

PRINTABLE RECIPE


I am sharing at Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen's Country Cottage.

Comments

  1. Totally get where you are coming from. We are still eating, too! ha ha Love the quilt tops. I know that is fun and challenging. But, I especially love your olives. I must try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, My wife would just love that bowl of olives! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like olives and know I would enjoy your version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love olives and new taste. This is a great new recipe for me to try thanks so much for sharing
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Marinated Olives look delicious! Hope you are having a fantastic week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. We will look forward to seeing you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts