Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime and Mint Syrup


I haven't been very active in the kitchen of late.  I am having a battle with bronchitis and along with that is fatigue...so, I seem to spend a great deal of time reading and sleeping.  Things are improving some so I made my way into the kitchen to make a fruit salad.  I don't usually put a syrup on fruit salad but this was suggested to me by my daughter, Alison.

It was very refreshing and popular at a family dinner that we went to last Sunday.  It was simple to make...an easy contribution!

Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime and Mint Syrup
adapted from Epicurious

Syrup
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint

Salad
1 basket of strawberries, hulled and halved
4 kiwis, peeled and sliced
1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes
2 cups watermelon, cubed or scooped out with a melon baller
1 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, pieces
2 cups honeydew, cubed or scooped out with a melon baller
2 cups cantaloupe, cubed or scooped out with a melon baller

Mix the honey, lime and mint together in a small bowl.  Set aside.

Mix the fruit together in a large bowl.  Pour the syrup over the fruit and toss to combine.  Allow the salad to stand for about 15 minutes for the flavors to blend.  The salad may be made up to three hours ahead.



I am sharing at Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen's Country Cottage and at Foodie Friday hosted by Michael at Rattlebridge Farm.

Comments

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. It's no fun to be sick, but rest and sleep are always good for you. Your fruit salad looks fabulous. I don't usually make a syrup either, but it sounds wonderful.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Hope you're feeling better soon Kate-take care:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a fresh fruit salad, and the syrup sounds like a perfect way to sweeten it up without leaving grainy sugar in the bottom.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love fruit salad and also sometimes add honey, lime juice, with a bit of ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, this looks delicious, Kate. I like a little bit of a flavored syrup on fruit salad. I think it makes the flavors pop. I love all the fresh fruit that is starting to show up at the farmers' market. Its' such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate,
    I just love your fruit salad with the honey and mint, it looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts