Parmesan-Crusted Crab Cake Bites


Every once in a while we need an appetizer that is special.  One that will rock your taste buds!  When I first saw this recipe on Mary's blog, Home is Where the Boat Is, I knew that it had the potential to do just that.

We love to go crabbing...Mr. T doesn't necessarily love cleaning it...but he does it...we love to eat it....so, it is only fitting that he should be able to enjoy something special!!  I guarantee you that this recipe is one that you will repeat!

Parmesan-Crusted Crab Cake Bites
Mary at Home is Where the Boat Is

12 Servings
Hands-on time:  18 minutes
Total time:  48 minutes

6 oz fresh lump crabmeat
2 3-oz packages cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning, or similar
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 1/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted

Chive Aioli

Preheat oven to 350° F.  Generously grease 2 (12-cup) miniature muffin pans.  Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.  Stir cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.  Add 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and next 6 ingredients. stir until smooth.  Fold in crabmeat and parsley.

Combine remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and melted butter in a medium bowl, toss with fork until breadcrumbs are moistened.  

Spoon 1 Tbsp breadcrumb mixture into each muffin cup, press into bottom and up sides to form crust.  Spoon 1 Tbsp crab mixture into each crust.  

Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool in pans 5 minutes.  Run a knife around the edges of the crab cakes to loosen.  Gently lift the cakes from the pan.  Serve warm or at room temperature topped with Chive Aioli.

Chive Aioli

Makes 1/2 cup.  Prepare up to a day in advance, cover and chill.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, pressed

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.  Cover and chill.




Simple, wasn't it?  Our guests couldn't get enough of them...It is hard to eat only one...or two...or three...or.....

I am sharing today at On the Menu Monday hosted by Yvonne at Stone Gable.


Comments

  1. Oh boy, they look gorgeous! Count me in for... :@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeedy, they look wonderful! We clam, but don't go crabbing. I saw them on Mary's too, and you reminded me to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd hve to say they are definitely pretty special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the printable recipe! I saw this at Mary's but forgot to print it. I will now!!! We belong to a dinner group and are always looking for different recipes for appetizers. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy~ I love to go crabbing too, cleaning not so much :) and they a tasty and easy little crab bite! I'm rarely disappointed by a Southern Living recipe! Thanks for the shout out and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look and sound super good and the aioli sounds like an excellent topping

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are definitely special and would be so fun to serve to company.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delicious way to serve crab cakes and the aioli sounds perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you've ever been to my blog, you know I LOVE BITES. Crab and cheddar are yum. I love party food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummie! I know I would love these little bites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious recipe! I love bite size - makes me feel better about eating, it sort of creates an illusion of portion control :-). But I could eat a dozen of these bites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! They look and sound so delicious! I don't think I could stop at eating just one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I love this and just wish we had fresh crab here! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh...these crab bites are so adorable and they sounds decadents too. I wish I have a Mr. around to help clean the crabs. :P Thanks for sharing this specially appetizer recipe. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very yummy and very special indeed. I love crabbing too but not the shelling and clean up :) might have to buy some crab meat ..........

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great recipe.... I look forward to giving it a try since I LOVE crab cakes. It's a great new way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a perfect appetizer, Kathy. I would be happy with several of these cakes and a salad for dinner. We love our Dungeness crab and will be enjoying this recipe very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look so insanely delicious - my mouth is watering! I am putting crab cakes on the menu this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These sound delicious!! Thank you so much for linking them up to Saturday Dishes!! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts